Monday, September 4, 2017

Gold Leafing


This is a book of raw and emotional poems.  Some of the poems are very explicitly sexual.  The sex is not happy.

The speaker's situations seem extreme, but I can relate anyway because I've been in situations like them but less extreme.

A'enene says some things I've never really heard anyone else say, things about how women and men relate.  Sexual demands and emotional interplay.  The poems are very insightful.

Well, some of the other poems are inscrutable.  I catch an idea here and there, but I feel lost, unsure of what's going on.

There are some cool drawings too.  And a more light-hearted segment about some strange characters near a bank.

I enjoyed it very much overall though some of the disturbing parts (abortions, sexual demands) were too much for me.

threethousandbitespress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment