Friday, April 1, 2016

Quitter #10



I read Quitter #10 this afternoon.  It's a beautiful zine.  The writing shimmers, and it's just the right amount.  I can relate to the feelings of longing, nostalgia, lack of nostalgia, worry about losing everything.

I like the plants and birds.  I like everything about the kids.  I don't want kids myself, at all, but feel welcome to this parental world.  Humor is somewhat missing, but this zine makes humor seem optional.

There's a poet's attention to detail and a solid speaker who isn't afraid to spend a moment on an image or idea.

I'm about the same age as the speaker, and that's nice.  It seems like a zine for men, is my only criticism, and to lots of people that's probably not a bad thing.  Oh, and the $6 pricetag.  I would think more like $4, but maybe I don't charge enough for my own.  I tried to get it back into its tight glassine envelope and failed.

Overall I'd give it a five out of five, but be ready to have your guts wrenched.

http://pioneerspress.com/products/quitter-10

No comments:

Post a Comment